The Right Attorney To Help With Enforcement Of Custody Orders

An effective way of dealing with enforcement issues is to anticipate their occurrence in the divorce document itself. How will controversy in the future be handled? Most divorcing couples want only one experience with the courthouse. How can you avoid future disputes?

A divorce decree outlines the rights and obligations of the divorcing parties. Child support or alimony commitments, visitation schedules, property and debt distribution are among the long list.

In some cases, a party will fail to abide by the terms of the agreement. It might be because of unforeseen circumstances, such as the loss of a job, that result in delay of child support payments. In other cases, a party may commit a palpable violation of the decree, like refusing to abide by the stipulated parenting schedule or paying spousal support out of spite.

In a perfect world, parents work out an arrangement together and move on, minimizing the emotional turmoil or detriment to the children involved. But, in many cases, parents need to get the courts involved to modify the agreement or enforce the court order. They also need to find the right attorney.

Finding The Right Attorney For Your Divorce: Careful Consideration

The one you select to handle the matter makes a big difference. When it comes to family law matters involving enforcing court orders, depth of experience is crucial.

Houston attorney Martha Bourne has handled family law matters for 30 years. "Every person's story is new," says Bourne, "and requires a fresh eye."

Past family law clients have praised her for her assistance, often expressing how they failed to truly identify an attorney's part in the process. She has also been recognized by her colleagues in the field, earning peer recognition through Texas Super Lawyers for almost a decade and receiving an AV Preeminent-rating* by Martindale-Hubbell.

Ms. Bourne is also a member of the Texas Academy of Family Law Specialists, a small group of board certified, selected attorneys who have displayed outstanding work in family law.

How Martha Bourne Can Find A Solution For You

If you need the guidance of an experienced attorney to help with any family law court order, reach out to Martha Bourne at 713-581-8260 to learn how she can help resolve your specific situations. You can also reach her office online.

*AV®, BV®, AV Preeminent® and BV Distinguished® are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer-review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Ratings fall into two categories – legal ability and general practice standards.